How to get iPhone or iPad into DFU Mode
Entering DFU / Device Firmware Upgrade Mode on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Plug your device into your computer with a USB cable.
- Turn off the device.
- Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
- Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds.
- Release the Power button but keep holding the Home button.
- After about 15 seconds you will be alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode.
Make sure the device screen is blank and no logos are present
Exiting DFU Mode on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Hold the Home and Power buttons until the Apple Logo appears.